Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Break From the Everyday





We had a hard week. Busy, busy, and busy. It seems like that's about all I can say about our lives these days. Always something going on, an appointment to go to; a time to meet. I was feeling a little irritated come Thursday, I had had a headache for three days straight, Tylenol wasn't helping too much and I had been a really grouchy mom for the last few days. So, I decided that we'd (me and the kids) would all sleep in on Friday morning, Ally would skip school, and we'd go spend the day out at Elkwater. We had a fabulous day. We fished, splashed in the water, had a picnic, built sand castles, made mud holes, ate ice cream, and pretty much had a lazy, fun day just playing together on the beach. The kids we're so happy to just 'hang out' together and I felt much better just doing what is the best part of being a mom...playing with my kids. What a great way to relax and realize what's important in life, taking a break from the everyday.

3 comments:

Amanda D said...

Good for you, Erin. Everyone needs a break once in awhile. When does school let out up there?

Erin L. said...

Hey Amanda! Ally doesn't finish until the 26th, which is much to long for these little kids who are in kindergarten. We all can't wait for summer to start.

Courtney said...

Thanks for the reminder to "take a break from the everyday." However, isn't it sad that sometimes we even have to leave our homes because they present so much of the daily "business" that is detracts from our attention for our children? Anyways, makes me want to scoop up my kiddo's and have a day away like this one :) Can't wait to see you all soon!! Enjoy floating on the lake for me!!