Friday, September 04, 2009

Where Does the Time Go?

Seriously?! I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted. Summer came and went in a whirl of traveling, swimming, renovations, playing, a reunion, and the Lake this year. It really seems as though it just started last week and now it's over. I wasn't ready to send Ally back to school or return to being in a 'routine' of any sort. Matter of fact I don't think I've ever had such a hard time adjusting to getting back into 'the swing of things'. I honestly think it's take me a week just to wrap my mind around the reality of life. The good things that have come in all this is that I'm now getting back into working out again, Ally is LOVING school (as usual) and we are FINALLY getting our bathroom renovations finished. I learned a life lesson not too long ago from a good friend of mine, SIster Nohr, when she told me 'Change is a good thing Erin'. She's right, change is a good thing. My favorite part of this time of the year is the change in color and the smell in the air. I've already seen yellow on the trees. Where does the time go?



We started the summer out with an end of school pool party. Ally and her friends had a blast swimming, dancing and having a BBQ. The girls all thought it was great and Nixon was right in on all the action too.





We just LOVE the Lake and once again we had so much fun down there this year. Our time spent there is enjoyed so much by each of us. Even little Scotia thought swimming in the Lake was fun. Ally perfected skiing this summer and can now start on her own. Nixon just loved the ski trainer and talk about 'skateboarding' (ie. wakeboarding) constantly for about a week after being home. Trev started working on his bike trail this year and I just enjoyed being with my kids in the place we all love. I even took a couple of naps and finished a puzzle I was working on.


We finally started renovating our upstairs bathroom in July. I've wanted to do this since we bought the house 4 years ago, so this was a really exciting event. The kids got right in on all the action and helped wherever they could. With all our back and forth over the summer it's taken us forever to get it finished (we're still working on it) but we are now on the home stretch and hope to have it completely done by the end of the weekend. Wish us luck.





We were lucky enough to have Jayce and Jade come stay with us this summer. We just love our cousins and the kids had so much fun having them here. Thanks you two for coming to visit us. We can't wait to have you over again!





We joined my whole family in Elk Water for a reunion in August. I just love being with family. The kids had so much fun together and the adults we able to visit and enjoy each other too. It was definitely a good time had by all and we are looking forward to the next time we all get to be together. Food, family and fun. What more could a person ask for in a week?





We spent a fabulous weekend at the Lake as Kelly and Debbie got married. We had a wonderful time getting to know all of their friends and meeting Debs family. The weather was perfect and they had a fantastic day. We wish them all the best in their future together and hope to see them both again soon. I just love weddings.






I think the kids each grew 6 inches over the summer (not really but it seems that way). At the end of it all we all got tans (even Scotia), spent lots of time outside, and Scotia started crawling. With Ally now back in school, I guess we get to add all these good memories to the past and move on from here. We've already got plans for a trip in October to St. George as Trev runs his first marathon on Ally's birthday. Ally and I start piano lessons next week and Nixon is starting Joy School in the middle of the month. I'm also sure Scotia will continue to make us smile as she learns new and exciting things. We really do love being together and look forward to more fun ahead.

5 comments:

Amanda D said...

Great update, Erin! You guys have been busy. It all sounds like fun. You have such a great family.

Trevor said...

Thanks Amanda! I'm sad we couldn't see each other for the reunion this year. It would have been great to see you again and meet your cute kidlets.

lynz said...

wow! busy summer and busy fall to come :) marathons, renovations, school, piano lessons (love that you're taking them too by the way) and just so much family fun! so glad i saw you this summer and good luck with everything to come chickee!

Crystal HW said...

Sounds like a full, fun summer.

Hope you were able to get the Bathroom done yesterday!

LindsayB said...

what a party summer! i'm taking piano too, HARD eh?!