Monday, February 01, 2010

Being Grateful...


I've been thinking lately about all the blessings I have in my life and about how lucky I am. I turned 31 last week and celebrated the only way I like to. At home with my family and some close friends. Sometimes I think life gets so busy that I get caught up in the whirlwind of it all and forget what really makes me content and happy to be doing what I do. Tonight I though I'd share some of the blessings I have in my life with all of you.

1. My testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I have a firm knowledge of a loving Savior and a merciful Heavenly Father. I know they live. I will be forever grateful for what I know about the plan of salvation and the atonement. During times of trial in my life I have been uplifted and upheld by means not of my own; I know this to be true. My life is better because of this knowledge.


















2. Trevor. I knew 8 years ago, when I married Trev, that I was marrying my best friend...at the time I didn't realize how good of friends we were going to become. I love every minute I get to spend with Trevor and always look forward to the weekend when he gets to be home with me for two whole days. I miss him when he's gone and still get excited to see him come home at the end of the day. I really believe he is my soulmate and I just can't imagine life without him. He's a wonderful husband, a terrific father, a hard worker, and truly is my BFF. I really think I love him more each day. My life is better because he is in it.













3. Ally. I knew the day I found out I was pregnant with Ally that she was going to be someone so special. She's growing up so quickly and since turning 7 last fall, she has really matured and is gorwing into such a nice little lady. She works hard in school, is a good friend, loves her brother and sister, and is always looking for ways to serve other people. She makes me so proud sometimes. I look forward each day to our evening chats and the time we get to spend together when the younger kids are in bed. Tonight I did the dishes while she read to me at the dinner table; then we played a game while we ate popcorn. She is such a good girl. I just love this little lady. My life is better because every day I am reminded of how lucky I am to be her mother.



















2. Nixon. Life never slows down with Nixon around. This little boy came into my life and changed almost everything about the way I look at things. His love for fun has definitely made my life more interesting and a lot more fast passed. I have to admit that I times I find it hard to keep up with him, but he never fails to make me laugh and always lets me know how much he loves me. Life's a party with Nixon in it and I'm so lucky that he's in mine. I just love this boy. My life is better everyday because I get to watch this little boy grow up.



















4. Scotia. Just thinking about my baby makes me smile. She has brought such a peaceful spirit into my life. I marvel everyday at how one little baby can change so many things. Since Scotia's arrival in our home last December I have truly felt a calming spirit settle over all of us. She is such a wonderful little baby and brings me such joy. I just can't imagine my life without my children in it. What a happy baby I've been blessed with. I just love this little girl. She just seems to make things better somehow. My life is better everyday because Scotia came into it.














5. Laura. Laura's been a positive influence in my life since the day I was born. Where would I be without her? We've shared a room, shared clothes, shared High School friends, shared tears, laughter, and so much fun. I can't imagine my life every being without her. And, now our children get to grow up together and we get to share that too. I don't know if it gets much better then that. My life is better because Laura is my sister.















6. Chocolate Cake. I don't think anyone realizes just how much I love chocolate cake. I really love it. I think I've always loved it. I have discovered one of the best homemade chocolate cake recipes ever, and every chance/excuse I get to make it, I do. Homemade and warm out of the oven...does it really get any better then that? My life is better because every year on my birthday I get to eat as much chocolate cake as I want, and no one can say anything about it.













Well, I think that all I can come up with tonight. I have a great life. I'm so grateful for all the good things and people I have in it. I am happy.

3 comments:

lynz said...

awww! i'm glad you are so happy :) your kids are beautiful and i'm glad to hear you had a perfect 31st bday!

Erin Wallace said...

I love this post Erin. You're a good woman :)
This post really is great! One day I might steal this idea and write a gratitude post ;)

Nehring Fun said...

Happy Belates BIrthday!! YOu have such a beautiful family and I am so happy you are sooo happy:) Great post!