Saturday, June 11, 2011

5

Where does the time go? I know I ask that question a lot and have never been able to get an answer that satisfies me. I know life is busy but how does a little baby turn 5 so quickly? I seems like only yesterday Nixon emerged into this world. He was such a cute baby. Always smiling and happy.



He watched everything and everyone around him and was always so eager to entertain people and make friends with whoever would take the time to stop and say 'hi' to him. As soon as he could talk he'd ask people where ever went went what their names were and he had instant friends as soon as we got to the park or pool. At a very young age I noticed that people were drawn to him; they still are.



I've always felt that Nixon is an old spirit and I really feel like people recognize that in him, even if they don't know that that's what it is. As he grows he continues to amaze me with his ability to make friends and his acceptance of people for who they are. Nixon has been such a joy to raise and has blessed our lives in so many ways. He's always quick to tell me he loves me and tries hard to do what is right.



Nixon also loves a party and is the first to be on board whenever something 'fun' comes up. I have truly enjoyed being his mother and look forward to the many years we will have together. I know one day I will count him as one of my best friends. What a blessing he is in my life. I love you Nixon!

1 comment:

Amy MacDonald said...

He loooovesss to party!! And I love him for it :) He is always so happy and loves everyone for who they are (just like you said). He is great :)