Saturday, March 31, 2007

Take Your Vitamins!

I read a study recently about prenatal vitamins that really interested me. I thought some of you might find it interesting too. It sure made me really glad I took my vitamins when I was pregnant with Ally and Nix. Here it is:

Quoted from 'The Natural Path' Vol. 10 No. 7
The Most Amazing Pregnancy Study You've Ever Seen
This incredible Canadian study found that a simple prenatal multivitamin is able to protect infants against the three most common forms of childhood cancer: leukemia, brain cancer, and neuroblastoma. In a correspondence with The Natural Path, Gideon Koren MD, one of the researchers, said that the risk of leukemia was 39% lower, the risk of brain cancer was 27% lower, and the risk of neuroblastoma was 47% lower. These reductions, he said, were highly significant.

Wow! It just goes to show that proper nutrition while pregnant can affect a child's health in the long term significantly. I thought this was so interesting. I hope you do too.

1 comment:

Jeff Milner said...

That is interesting. Do you have a link to the full article? I'd like to read it.